The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The WFP Madrid Office is seeking to increase awareness and to highlight the role of WFP towards Zero Hunger among wider audiences. To pursue this effort, the Madrid Office is involving a Brand Marketing Campaigns & Events intern. Under the supervision of the Communications Officer, the intern will support the development, management and execution of campaigns, events, and other activities, engaging partners to achieve higher brand and cause awareness in Spain.
Brief description of WFP Office in Madrid:
The WFP Office in Madrid liaises with the Government of Spain regarding our longstanding partnership, reaches out to the other public and private sector stakeholders to increase engagement for Zero Hunger and, working with the media and through other channels, contributes to awareness raising with the Spanish public.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Officer, and in coordination with the rest of the team, the selected candidate will support the Madrid Office with activities related to WFP’s brand building marketing efforts with the following key duties:
- Support the development, production and promotion of campaigns and events to help achieve wider WFP brand awareness in Spain, protect WFP’s brand voice and create impactful visibility partnerships, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards;
- Under clear guidance, draft proposals, presentations, briefing and guidance documents, correspondence and other engagement materials and messaging, including tailoring WFP integrated marketing campaigns to Spain, as well as producing communication pieces and reports on campaigns and events as needed;
- Manage and maintain records and databases to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access;
- Research and keep a record of relevant events taking place in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain, with a view to promote WFP participation;
- Research potential campaign and event supporters, including influencers in the Spanish market;
- Prepare and effectively disseminate campaign and communications assets and tools to partners and outreach to influencers;
- Help set up and coordinate activities, including management of service providers and partners for the productions of materials needed;
- Coordinate closely with relevant colleagues in the WFP Madrid Office and the HQ Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Department to ensure message alignment and timely delivery;
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when needed.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) in Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Intermediate knowledge of graphic design tools;
- Intermediate social media and photo and video editing skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Excellent communications skills, in particular in Spanish writing (drafting and editing with no spelling or grammatical mistakes);
- Understanding of the local context: ability to understand audiences and plan for desired outcomes;
- Methodical approach to work assignments and attention to detail;
- Team spirit, good organizations and interpersonal skills, able to work independently, and eager to learn about humanitarian assistance and development cooperation;
- Previous experience in a creative agency/ marketing department of a company will be an asset.
Working Languages: Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and native Spanish are required.