The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a Communications intern position in our WFP Korea Office, based in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Brief description of WFP Seoul office, Communications team:
WFP Seoul Office is located at the Seoul National University and the main work includes resource mobilization, advocacy and support of WFP field operations. WFP Seoul Office’s Communications team is responsible for raising brand awareness and familiarity among Korean public by providing information and messages to media, and managing and creating contents on social media.
Under the direct supervision of Communications Officer, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Assist in generating visibility content including text, photos, videos and audio.
- Utilize Adobe graphic tools such as Indesign, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
- Assist in managing WFP’s online channels (Facebook, Naver blog, Instagram, etc.).
- Translate contents in Korean and/or in English.
- Prepare, organize, and take photos of online and offline events.
- Support the drafting of newsletters, magazine articles or any other written contents.
- Search online and offline news articles related to WFP.
- Plan and implement social engagements activities with influencers and volunteers
- Assist in performing other tasks as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Skills and experience in either of photography, graphic design, and video editing is a significant advantage. Applicants with mentioned skills and experience are encouraged to submit their portfolio with links enclosed in their resume or by uploading it as other documents in their online profile (Max. 5MB).
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past twelve months) in one or more of the following disciplines: Political Science, International Relations, International Development/Cooperation, Development Economics, Public Administration, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant fields (ODA-related preferred);
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Strong Korean and English writing skills;
- Working knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset;
- Social media management skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Experience in an UN-related internship or in fundraising
- Experience in organizing offline campaigns or events
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Ability to work in a team setting that has direct contact with multinational counterparts
- Ability to plan and organize work efficiently
- Resourcefulness, action-oriented, maturity, tact, advocacy skills
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and Korean is required.