The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a three months intern position in our Paris liaison office communication team, based in Paris, France.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the communications officer, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Support the development, preparation and execution of communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Assist in the preparation of WFP’s participation to events
- Manage and maintain records and databases, such as journalist and media outlet contact lists, to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access.
- Assist with production of advocacy material -newsletter, factsheets, brochures and printed material.
- Social media: Develop and produce creative content for WFP French social media channels, Twitter and Facebook, and Medium, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards.
- Help with translations when needed.
- Website: Manage the French website and update it regularly with original content and translated one.
- Maintain awareness of events on food, hunger and malnutrition, agriculture with main bodies: political, social events, NGOs, Universities, UN. Monitor events and conferences on the same themes and bring it to the attention of the team.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) (master’s in communication, political sciences or related field);
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Excellent command of English and French; Working knowledge of another UN language would be an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience in communications, managing social media accounts, organizing events, producing compelling content for campaigns
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies: Team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills, able to work independently. Experience with government, at international level, UN agencies or NGOs would be an important plus.
Working Languages: Working knowledge of English and French (proficiency/level C) is required.