Internship - Communications & Social Media Outreach
World Food Programme, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Are you passionate about humanitarian and development work? And do you want to gain experience within communication, outreach and advocacy? An internship at the UN World Food Programme’s Nordic Office will give you the opportunity to contribute to the achievement of Agenda 2030 in the world’s leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide.
Working closely with our communications officer and under the supervision of the director of WFP’s Nordic Office, the selected candidates’ main duties will be:
- Maintain and further expand WFP Nrdic Office’s online support base through:
- Translating, editing and updating the Finnish website
- Creating content, translating, editing and updating the Finnish Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account
- Translate and distribute crporate updates, statements and press-releases
- Coperate on various campaigns and outreach activities
- Hst visits and make presentations to students about the work of WFP
- Handle inquiries frm students and general public
- Mnitor national media on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant media coverage
- Carry ut national political surveillance on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries
- Mnitor trends and issues which impact hunger and food assistance and identify opportunities for WFP to influence public debate on hunger, food and development assistance
- Assist in the planning and preparatin of visits, meetings and conferences, briefing material and other administrative matters
- Any ther duties as required
- Experience in online communication – with a strong social media knowledge. Experience from journalism, communication or other information related work is desirable
- Excellent written communication skills in Finnish
- A good command of written and spoken English the working language in WFP
- Working experience in national or international organizations, relevant to the humanitarian and/or development field
- Experience in outreach/advocacy campaigns and other activities
- Translations – from English into Finnish and vice versa
- Currently enrolled having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last six months with a BA or MA in Communications or Journalism, International Development or other fields related to communication or humanitarian/development studies.
- Course attendance in the past twelve months.
- Fluency in English and Finnish.