UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Working with the section, the intern will provide support to the following:
- Review the global practices related the three-star approach including lessons applicable to Bangladesh to be included in PEDP4;
- Review the plans for implementation of the three-star approach and update based on current need and lessons from global experiences to be included in PEDP4;
- Support development of an operational plan, ensuring strong equity, climate resilience/DRR components;
- Support the development of specific content for the roll out of the three-star approach – training modules, workshop content (PPTs, briefs etc); and,
- Attending meetings on development of MHM strategy when necessary.
- The internship will provide a stipend of BDT35,000 (USD420) per month.
- Remuneration for 8-10 days of travel outside of Dhaka.
Supervision: To be jointly supervised by the WASH in school staff from WASH and Education Sections. The primary supervisor is Mahjabeen Ahmed, WASH Officer with Md Qausar Hossain, Education Officer, as focal point in Education Section.
Minimum qualification required: Bachelor’s in the social sciences with emphasis or courses in Education, Disaster Management and Climate Change/Social Science, and/or Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Familiarity or working experience on preparing operational plan to address any emerging issues.
- Knowledge on global practices for mitigating impact of climate change/environmental degradation on students and educational institution.
- Familiarity with 3-Star approach in WASH in School will be an asset.
- Awareness about equity (gender, inclusiveness, and disability) focused programming and its implementation approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of English language