Internship - Fleet Management, Supply Chain Division
World Food Programme, Rome, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Global Fleet Unit of the Supply Chain Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from March 2019.
WFP Global Fleet
WFP owns, leases and globally operates around 700 trucks of different configurations, trailers and workshop facilities throughout 26 Country Offices. The WFP Fleet is deployed to fill critical gaps in local transport capacity and stabilize transport rates in the event of increased insecurity and/or sudden growth in demand, as well as pioneer new routes that, due to prevailing insecurity, would remain inaccessible to local transporters.
The intern will work under the supervision of the Logistics Officer in Global Fleet
- Analyse Fleet KPIs (key Performance Indicators) specifically on spare parts stock management;
- Ensure Fleet Management System (FMS) data is entered accurately and on time liaising with FMS focal person in each country;
- Issue a cost analysis report of the commercial transporters in countries where WFP operates;
- Establish the business requirements for an online Global Fleet platform for the service provision of trucks;
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when requested.
- Currently enrolled inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Business, Management or Logistics;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.