Internship - Government Partnerships
World Food Programme, France
Closing Date for Applications:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a three months intern position in our Paris liaison office partnerships team, based in Paris, France.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Government Partnerships Officer, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Prepare briefs on resourcing issues for Country/Regional/Division Directors.
- Implemented the work plan for assigned area by delivering activities that maintain and develop government partnerships in order to maximize resources raised for the programme.
- Collate and analyze data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on donors and programmes, to enable informed decision-making and action planning by senior stakeholders.
- Gather inputs from WFP that will contribute to inter-governmental/inter-agency work, to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and considered in decision making.
- Maintain awareness of current activities, political and social events of UN and other multilateral bodies/governments, conduct analysis to understand how they may impact WFP activities and programmes and provide timely information to WFP staff for decision making.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) (political sciences, international relations or related fields);
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Excellent command of French and English; Working knowledge of another UN language would be an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Working Languages: Working knowledge of French and English (proficiency/level C) is required.