The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the frontline humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in over 80 countries. Around 14,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator in Munich (”Accelerator”) supports innovations globally to reach a world without hunger. As such, the Accelerator identifies potential innovations and startups that can contribute to end hunger, organises “innovation bootcamps” (1 week events in Munich) and events for innovators, hosts innovation teams in our Munich office for limited time within our sprint programme and provides funding and hands-on support to startups and innovators in developing countries, explores the future of disruptive ideas as well as providing funds to scale up promising innovations for zero hunger.
The Accelerator serves as a crucial link between WFP’s field offices and networks outside of WFP. It creates a start-up environment, fast-paced and collaborative, bringing together WFP staff, expert advisors and, external innovators from startups, academia, other not-for-profit organisations and the private sector with the aim to end hunger. For more information please visit http://innovation.wfp.org/.
The H2Grow intern will assist on and execute tasks regarding the design and production of content to be used in project deployments. This content might include: training materials for beneficiaries and enablers, implementation manuals for project managers, guidelines and checklists for WFP country offices and partners NGOs.
Expected outputs include:
- Collect and understand user inputs and requirements for content development.
- Outline content to address user requests, meeting user profile, with special attention to language, terminology, iconography and idioms;
- Iteratively validate and incorporate user feedback to produce finalized content.
- Design materials for both printed and online version (platform);
- Develop unified visual template to be used in content production;
- Redesign or update any existing content as needed.
- Assist in overall tasks related to content and design production for the H2Grow project.
- Support the Head of the Innovation Accelerator and the Director of Innovation and Change Management, with any other activities, as required.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months, preferably in in the area of design, innovation, technology or related studies;
- Having completed at least two years of undergraduate study and 1-2 internships, international experience is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in German and English is required; additional UN languages would be an asset;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and work within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and graphic design tools (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, etc.)
- Minimum experience with content design.
Skills and abilities:
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy;
- Capacity to work within procedural and process specifications
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme.