UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.” UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
UNDP Office has organised internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student or student who recently graduated from university to learn some aspects of Human Resources Unit (HRU).
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will undertake the following tasks:Implementation of recruitment processes including:
- Drafting job description
- Provision of input to job classification process in consultation with HR officer,
- Drafting vacancy announcements
- Screening of candidates
- Administrative support for interview process
- Collecting reference check
- updating e-recruitment file and maintenance of hardcopies documentation
- Active involve in analyzing business proces and developing standard operational procedure
- Provide admin support to HR associate in managing HR letters
- Provide logistical support for learning events and other staff events managed by HR
- Tracking data on registration personnel for learning management system
- Support to the HR associate in updating list of staff in HR database
- Support to the HR assistant in managing personnel files
- Effective Implementation of recruitment processes in line with prevailing rules and regulations
- Effective support in letter administration
- Effective logistical support for learning/ staff
- Updated registration of personnel for learning management system
- Effective support in updating list of staff and personnel files.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide basic procurement support services
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in IT, business administration, HR or other related field. ICT background will be preferable.
- Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship.
- Knowledge of - or proven interest in – human resources management
- Proficiency in English . Fluency in Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese or Russian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.