WHY JOIN WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES:
- Make a difference, the world will notice.
- We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The WFP Summer Internship Program is an 8-week full-time program for highly qualified Egyptian students and fresh graduates to explore the opportunity of working with the United Nations in Egypt:
You will learn about WFP and its culture through a real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
- Clear responsibilities as of day 1: You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
- Continuous mentoring and coaching: You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
- Networking opportunities: You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
Minimum Requirements for applying to summer Internships:
- University students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020.
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation)
- Full-time availability in the period July and August.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings)
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Extracurricular activities are a must.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Studies in Anthropology, social sciences
- Good understanding of qualitative research principles
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Monitoring and Evaluation Unit with the following key duties:
- Support in organizing and coordinating pilot qualitative data analysis training and collection of analysis reports (coordinate and participate)
- Establish a repository of reviews (used for internal learning) completed and planned by the Country Offices