Internship Monitoring and Evaluation
World Food Programme, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in undergraduate Earth and Environmental or Economics studies and in junior or sophomore year
- University course attendance in the past 12 months
- Good skills with spatial data management using ArcGIS software products.
- Good research and analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in the local language and in English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Power point and MS Word.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside the normal job description.
- Ability to work in the field and willingness to travel in the field.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support/perform data collection on market prices in Dushanbe on weekly basis and compile market price data sent from FOs into central database.
- Assist with design and development of questionnaires in mobile data collection application (MDCA)
- Contribute to the compilation and analysis of data on food security and community resilience collected in the FOs using MDCA.
- Support the GIS Expert of WFP CO with spatial data management including creating maps, entering data to the SDI and perform spatial analysis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Personal Management
- Managing Information
- Research & Problem Solving
- Project & Task Management
- Commitment to Quality
- Professional Behavior
- Social Responsibility
- Continues Learning