The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a Partnerships intern position in our WFP Korea Office, based in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Brief description of WFP Seoul office, Partnership team:
WFP Seoul Office is located at the Seoul National University and the main work includes resource mobilization, advocacy and support of WFP field operations. WFP Seoul Office’s Partnerships team is responsible for raising resources from relevant ROK government counterparts, negotiate contributions and make key policy decisions.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Private Partnerships Officer, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Assist in implementing Zero Waste, Zero Hunger (ZWZH) Campaign which is designed to raise awareness of food waste issue and raise funds to contribute to zero hunger;
- Assist in establishing and managing public partnerships to raise awareness on the Zero Waste Zero Hunger;
- Assist in monitoring media release related to current partners;
- Assist in preparing documents for the meeting with partners and potential partners;
- Assist in fostering opportunities for the launch of ZWZH projects in the public sector, such as but not limited to public schools, government ministries or local authorities;
- Conduct research on public policy; identify, analyse and provide data to others to support them in developing public partnerships and identifying its future prospect that can help achieve WFP’s strategic objectives;
- Assist in translating requested information in Korean and/or English;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past twelve months) in one or more of the following disciplines: Environment, Political Science, International Relations, International Development/Cooperation, Economics, Public Administration, Public Relations, Media, Marketing, Business Administration, or other relevant fields;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Experience in designing and visualizing of projects with design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign)
- Strong Korean writing skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience in planning of projects, fundraising, and/or office work is a significant advantage.
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Ability to work in a team setting that has direct contact with multinational counterparts
- Ability to plan and organize work efficiently
- Resourcefulness, action-oriented, maturity, tact, advocacy skills
- Intermediate level of English (proficiency/level B) and Korean (proficiency/level C) is required.