UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Scope of Work:
Goal and Objective: Under the supervision of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Section, the Intern will:
- Support the development of the CMT slides and check for PME follow up actions after the CMT meeting
- Support the SRA2 UNDAF reporting process, collating notes at SRA2 meetings and share with the Chief PME, UNDAF M&E Technical Working group supported
- Support the annual review planning process, collating all the notes and draft the annual review report
- Follow up with sections on submissions of the RAM, Compact, EISI, SMQs, COAR and any other documentation related to end year reporting
- Support joint partnership review meetings, ensuring that invitations are send partners and note taking
- Support data analysis that may be required such as program monitoring, travel analysis, investment mapping
- Support with any other tasks as when the need arises
Work relationships: The Intern will be required to work with a variety of parties involved in the assignment and will need to develop positive working relationships with UNICEF staff.
Required qualifications, desired competencies, technical background and experience:
- Intern must be over 18 years and under 25 years with demonstrable experience working with young people in informal settlements and other disadvantaged backgrounds in Kenya.
- Must be able to travel throughout Kenya without restrictions.
- Knowledgeable in UNICEF Kenya work in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and high pressure.
Competencies: Professionalism, drive for results, communications and working with people are core competencies required for the assignment.
Languages required: English and Kiswahili is required