International Finance Corporation(IFC), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Accountabilities:
AMC Analyst Program
- AMC runs a competitive and rewarding Analyst Program for between 4 and 6 new Analysts each year.
- The Analyst Program seeks to hire individuals with 1-3 years of relevant experience in investment banking, consulting, or private equity, and provides a platform for further personal and professional development prior to business school.
- Selected Analysts will gain firsthand experience of working and investing in emerging markets, and will have the opportunity to work on a range of transactions across a variety of sectors and geographies.
- The Analyst Program will provide opportunities for international travel and extensive interaction with IFC and AMC colleagues around the world, allowing Analysts the opportunity to build a truly global network.
- The AMC Analyst Program is intended to employ Analysts for 2-3 years.
- Beyond this timeframe, Analysts are encouraged to consider business school or other graduate programs.
- If the Analyst’s performance throughout his or her term with AMC has been exceptional, AMC may provide loans or other financing to fund graduate studies.
- Analysts are expected to work through 30 June of their year of departure from AMC.
- Former AMC Analysts have gained admission to competitive graduate programs, and others have transitioned to further challenging and interesting professional opportunities that have leveraged their AMC experience.
Duties and Accountabilities
- AMC Analysts will serve as members of the AMC investment teams and will work across various funds, providing analytical support to teams throughout the investment process, in the supervision of existing investments, and in the overall management of the funds.
- In particular, the Analyst will be responsible for: (i) analyzing financial statements, building and reviewing financial models, reviewing due diligence reports, and conducting industry, market, and company research; (ii) preparing project documents and investment materials for the funds’ Investment Committees in close coordination with the rest of the AMC and IFC project teams; (ii) preparing internal and external strategy documents and presentations; (iii) assisting the AMC team in supervising the ongoing performance of the funds’ portfolio companies; (iv) assisting in providing timely delivery of information to investors; and (v) preparing marketing and other communication materials.
- Bachelor’s degree (specialization in finance or related field)
- 1-3 years relevant experience in private equity, investment banking, or consulting
- Strong analytical and investment assessment skills, good knowledge of accounting, financial statement analysis, and financial modeling, some knowledge of investment documentation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
- Ability to problem solve, think through solutions with limited supervision, and proactively seek counsel where needed
- Experience and/or interest in emerging markets
- Excellent (oral and written) communication skills in English - fluency in other languages (e.g. Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese) is a plus
- A willingness to travel internationally and frequently