International Finance Corporation, Mumbai, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
International Finance Corporation (IFC) - a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group-is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
Position: Investment Analyst
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing analytical sections of country and sector strategies and client pitchbook.
- Prepare sector mapping to target potential clients and business opportunities.
- Prepare industry/ market research as input to Country Private Sector Diagnostics.
- Identify key stakeholders as input to business development and client engagement planning.
- Research prospective client companies or governments for alignment with IFC strategic, financial and integrity criteria.
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant E&S matters. Coordinate with client to obtain necessary information.
- Analyze financial statements/projections, build financial models and run sensitivities, with accountability for its factual accuracy.
- Gather and summarize project/sector/country benchmarking information to be used to capture lessons learned, with accountability for factual accuracy.
- Draft memos and documents for internal processing of new investments.
- Extract lessons of IFC’s earlier investment or advisory mandates and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of straightforward transactions.
- Perform analytical work (due diligence, financial modelling, prepare pricing comparability data) as input to designing and considering structuring options.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to answer questions on documents and analysis.
- Prepare investment or advisory committee materials, with supervision.
- Leverage basic knowledge of IFC’s policies and procedures, to ensure approval system workflow and document requirements are met.
- Gather and summarize information on sectors and countries in support of portfolio team.
- Perform credit and integrity risk rating assessments, covenant compliance reviews, and valuations and monitor changes to risk flags to determine performance assigned portfolio, with supervision.
- Gather and analyze data to support assessment of project development impact.
- Compile ensure integrity and quality of and analyze portfolio data to assess IRP and loan loss reserves for primary investment officer.
- Prepare routine portfolio monitoring reports and generate needed data from multiple resources.
- Gather and summarize benchmarking information that will be used to capture lessons learned.
- Look at prior transactions and track record with specific clients to develop input to future business possibilities.
- Draft memos and process simple waivers, amendments, and ESAMs based on guidance from a more senior investment officer.
- Perform analytical work (due diligence, financial modeling, preparation of pricing comparability data) as input to designing and considering restructuring options.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree with specialization in finance or an MBA or other Masters in a related field.
- 3 years of work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects.
- Ability to conduct market/industry research and analysis.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables.
- Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenarios analysis and diligence in the quality of own work.
- Ability to gather and assess relevant data to facilitate the assessment of credit and non-financial risks associated to projects.
- Basic understanding of how specific investments in different industries and sectors impact economic, market and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions.
- Ability to form relationships with counterparts and mid-level clients and stakeholders to exchange information needed.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in English required.