Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. For more information,
The Infrastructure and Natural Resources Department is recruiting an Investment Officer to expand IFC’s infrastructure investments in Indonesia. The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Infrastructure is one of IFC's strategic priorities. IFC's focus in the sector is on:
- increasing access to basic infrastructure services;
- supporting local companies, while improving transparency and corporate governance;
- exploring new equity investment opportunities and catalyzing foreign direct investments, including co-investments and mobilizing syndicated and parallel loans;
- introducing and developing new financial products including through Public Private Partnerships; and
- building long-term partnerships with strong regional players.
The selected candidate will be expected to play multiple roles including: supporting and working closely with the Team Lead to develop IFC’s infrastructure business in Indonesia and to manage relationships with private sector clients, public sector and development partner counterparts; structuring, negotiating, and executing debt and equity investments for infrastructure projects in Indonesia and other countries in Asia; and supervising portfolio investments.
The selected candidate will be a key member of the Asia infrastructure team and will work closely with colleagues in the region and in Washington, DC, on business development, transaction execution, portfolio supervision, and client relationship management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Investment Officer include but are not limited to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the infrastructure sector in Indonesia and together with the Team Lead, develop strong relationships with key local counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Execute loan, equity, and mezzanine financings including processing mandates, conducting due diligence, structuring deals, negotiating terms and documentation, arranging syndications, and processing internal approvals.
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage environmental, social, technical, legal, insurance, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients.
- Monitor clients’ compliance with the terms of investment agreements, prepare timely supervision reports, identify early warning signs, and, when necessary, formulate/implement strategies for work-outs, restructurings or re scheduling.
- Provide high quality client service throughout the project cycle from transaction sourcing and processing to supervision.
- MBA or equivalent degree with at least 6-8 years of relevant professional experience in investment/corporate banking, project finance, infrastructure project development, and/or equity investing.
- Thorough understanding of economic and commercial trends, investment environment, and key private and public sector players in Indonesia.
- Strong analytical and financial structuring skills (including financial modeling experience) and sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated client relationship skills including the ability to assist clients with project development and interact effectively with counterparts at all levels.
- Appreciation of legal, technical, environmental, social, and other considerations in project and corporate finance.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other Asian languages (including Bahasa Indonesia) will be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Skilled at project planning, analysis, and execution.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and well-organized.
- Ability to work well under time pressures with minimal instruction or supervision;
- Only online applications are accepted: do not email your application to the hiring manager or the HR contact (even if you have applied online), as it will be neither acknowledged nor accepted.
- The hiring manager will contact only short-listed candidates for interviews.
- Do not call/email to find out the status.
- Should you have difficulties submitting your application online, please contact the World Bank HR Help Desk at