Investment Operations Specialist / Senior Specialist
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Beijing, China
Closing Date for Applications:
Investment Operations Specialist / Senior Specialist – Energy
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
- AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
- Infrastructure Investment Department is scaling up its support for energy sector programs in client countries and is recruiting experienced and talented energy specialists with energy sector skills aligned with generation, transmission, and distribution. Experience working in traditional sources of energy (hydro, liquefied natural gas, etc.) and/or various types of renewable energy will also be considered.
- The Investment Operations Specialist/Senior Specialist–Energy will contribute to AIIB’s overall lending program by supporting the planning, design, preparation and implementation of projects and programs that meet the rapid growth demands of the energy sector and help improve production and consumption efficiency in client countries. The Specialist/Senior Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of AIIB’s energy lending program, and its implementation, given the increased demand for more efficient generation systems, the value chain of transmission and distribution, regional energy trade, fair energy pricing and sustainable tariff policies, among others.
Identify, conceptualize and prepare investment projects in Region 2 members. Detailed work may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead and/or contribute to energy sector analyses of specific countries.
- Advise clients on feasibility studies, technical design and cost-effective analysis leading to effective investment projects;
- Undertake technical and economic analysis of project investments and programs;
- Review and assess the implementation capacity of project counterparts and provide guidance and suggestions to strengthen the capacity if any gap is identified;
- Design practical implementation plans focusing on getting results;
- Work with clients to develop investment strategies that would pursue the most effective solution under various economic and environmental conditions; and
- Supervise projects and programs under implementation to ensure appropriate technical quality and consistency with project objectives.
- Extensive experience working in energy sector projects in AIIB members, preferably in developing countries. (minimum 5-8 for Specialist; 8-10 for Senior Specialist).
- Familiarity with various types of energy technologies and their development trends in general, and demonstrable in-depth knowledge of at least one type of energy technology, e.g., power transmission and distribution, renewables, or efficiency improvement.
- Experience in development financing, EPC or construction contract management, planning and programming of capital and maintenance works, and institutional reforms, would be favorably considered.
- Effective organizational and project management skills to conduct day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as economics or energy engineering (e.g., all types of relevant energy and power, renewable, generation, transmission, distribution, etc).