At WFP, we are looking for an IT Analyst hired as a Technology Operations Associate on a Special Service Agreement (SSA-6) in Bridgetown, Barbados that will be the focal point for technology-related initiatives. You will work closely with the Regional and Global TEC Teams, end-users and other teams to understand the organization needs and develop requirements and specifications for systems and services.
Also, you will deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as supervising and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT service.
This position will be under the supervision and mentorship of the Deputy Country Director and Regional IT Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education is needed. A post-secondary certificate in the domain of Information Technology is highly preferable. For post-secondary certificate holders, a minimum of five years of meaningful professional experience is required. For secondary certificate holders, seven years of meaningful experience are required.
- Experience resolving significant technical issues and with the application of client services standards to resolve clients’ service problems is required.
- Experience in handling country-level IT initiatives and working with different functions in defining IT requirements.
- Proficiency (level C) in English is required.
- Experience in the UN, NGOs and/or International Organizations will be considered a plus.
- Official development training or certificate using MVC Falcon Framework and Tableau Desktop/Server is highly preferable.