About the World Bank Group:
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development partners; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions.
The Enterprise Monitoring Team is anchored in the Enterprise Services (ITSEN) division in ITS. ITSEN architects, builds and operates common enterprise-wide technology components. ITSEN helps drive new technology adoption by ensuring the use of the most robust and innovative technologies to solve problems and meet evolving demands. ITSEN consists of units that are responsible for a wide range of infrastructure services, middleware services, monitoring, and authentication services.
ITSEN is seeking to hire an IT Analyst to join the Enterprise Monitoring Team located in Washington DC. The IT Analyst is responsible to implement and provide continual improvement to the systems and services provided by the Enterprise Monitoring team.
- Partner with ITS technology teams including application development, network engineering, security, and operations to establish end-to-end monitoring strategy.
- Identify capability gaps against operational requirements. Influence architectural strategy for monitoring in collaboration with service owners, Enterprise Architects, and operations teams.
- Participate in efforts to architect, design, integrate and implement monitoring solutions for infrastructure and application performance and availability.
- Drive service-focused user experience. Deliver standardized automated workflow to enable self-service capability and reduce time-to-market.
- Drive dynamic alerts and notifications. Work with operational teams to automate driven actions to dedicatedly solve problems through automation.
- Enable adoption of standard solutions with minimal customizations.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system availability, resiliency, and performance.
- Master’s degree with 2 years or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with minimum 4 years applicable experience.
- Minimum 3+ years hands-on and confirmed Enterprise Monitoring experience.
- Experience in collaborating with multi-functional teams to architect enterprise monitoring, including addressing application, infrastructure, security, and enterprise architecture considerations.
- Shown experience working with major projects.
- Solid grasp of the larger IT landscape.
- Experience and deep apprehension of at least one IT area (e.g. OS, Networking, Application Development).
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language and in automation/ testing via scripting/programming (e.g. Python, shell scripts).
- Solid experience in system integration- cloud, on-premise and/or hybrid, APIs and ESB/SOA; and Data/Dataflow governance, strategy, & implementation
- Extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills, including the aptness to define the problem, root cause analysis, define technology roadmaps and evaluate total-cost-of-ownership of solutions.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Delivers information effectively in support of team or workgroup. Good writing and editing skills, with a solid command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively format.
- Able to take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
- Lead and Innovate: Brings new and different insights
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge: Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions
- Make Smart Decisions: Leverages available data and makes timely decisions
Job Specific Competencies:
- Client Understanding and Advising: Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and takes action beyond normal expectations to ensure client satisfaction. Analyzes situations and determines alternative or creative scenarios and approaches to add value to the business in new and different ways.
- Learning Orientation: Stays abreast of new trends and evolutions in the industry and broader trends affecting WBG. Tracks developments in the field through readily available sources and by maintaining active involvement with relevant industry, user and vendor associations.
- Broad Business Thinking: Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business.
- Analytical Thinking: Gathers and links data. Identifies direct cause-and-effect relationships. Identifies trends and exceptions. Investigates to define problems more accurately. Sorts information in order of importance. Identifies relationships and linkages between components. Identifies variable potential causes and effects.