Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to efficient and effective ICT management and support
- Support to effective and efficient administrative services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Duties and responsibilities:
Ensures effective and efficient ICT management and support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of ICT activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contribution to the office’s ICT business processes mapping and to the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in ICT, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Maintenance of inventory of all computer, telecommunication equipment, I/O devices and software existent in the office ensuring compliance with registration and upgrades.
- Performance of maintenance and minor repairs on hardware equipment.
- Management, maintenance and monitoring of the continuous operation of critical components of the system servers – i.e. file, application, print and video conferencing equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of the office Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems.
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Installation of software, hardware, network connections and cables. Performance of minor repairs on hardware equipment, as required.
- Contribute to compilation of sound and accurate specifications for various IT equipment and software to be procured.
- Troubleshooting of hardware/software problems, liaising with experts on solutions as necessary and implementation of solutions.
- Proactive maintenance of telecom system to avoid disruption of service.
- Receipt, testing and installation of telecommunications hardware.
- Ensure all computers are regularly updated for optimal performance. Ensure all software and other IT related licenses are valid and always up to date.
- Interaction with BRG, Bangkok, HQ and ICT staff from other UN agencies in the area to share and exchange information and expertise on applications and tools.
- ICT support to conferences, workshops, retreats
- Liaise with BRG IT focal point, THOH, Bangkok helpdesk, and HQ ICT team on various IT related issues.
Ensures effective and efficient administrative services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Collaboration in the preparation of the administrative budget plan for the office and audit preparations.
- Petty cash custodian.
- Raising Procurement requests and POs in oneUNOPS. Raising goods/services receipts in oU.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, arranging travel (flight bookings, car rentals, etc), processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for and management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of the filing system (physical and electronic) ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Timely acquisition and renewal of UN documentation (UN IDs, certificates, LPs, etc), visas and permits for international personnel resident in Indonesia and for visiting missions.
- Arrangements with UN departments for official documentation to be provided for import/export or transfer of goods.
- Provision of accurate and comprehensive information to staff on the supporting documents needed by staff and their dependents regarding import/export or transfer of goods; updated list of the required documents made available to each staff member/unit.
- Maintenance of records on asset and inventory management, support preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Provision of support to maintenance of premises and services.
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the programme, operations and projects staff on ICT and administration
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform any other task upon request
Impact of Results: The key results have an impact on the execution of the ICT and administrative support management in the BRG REF in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely updating and implementation of software/hardware, punctual and accurate information, and client-oriented approach enhances UNOPS capability as an efficient and first-class service provider.
- Secondary education or high school diploma with specialized training in Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Management, ICT, Business Administration, Office Administration or related specialization is required.
- First university degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in the above-mentioned areas of specialization with one year of relevant experience – or advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) with some relevant experience may be considered.
- Relevant professional diploma/license is an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in managing or providing technical support to the provision of information technology and/or telecommunications services in a reputable organization, preferably in an international and/or highly dynamic environment in combination with high school diploma is required.
- Experience in IT networking and network security, hardware and software installation and maintenance, troubleshooting and implementation of ICT strategies is highly preferred.
- Experience in administrative support including travel, asset/inventory management, premises/utilities management, or fleet management a distinctive advantage.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Database management; web applications technology and technology training experience is an asset.
- Prior related experience in highly dynamic Private/third/NGO sector experience is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and in office software packages (MS Office 2016 and/or newer versions and other software package preferably GSuite/Google applications environment) is required.
Language: Fluency in English and Indonesian language is required. Indonesian language includes "Bahasa".is required.