World Health Organization , Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with MemberState's health priorities, sustainable development agendas and harmonized withthe United Nations country teams and partners to improve health outcomes andprogress towards achieving Universal Health Coverage.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:Network and Hardware:
- Monitor and maintain local servers LAN and e-mail system including creating and modifying accounts.
- Administer and maintain disk storage backups.
- Ensure that printers and photocopiers are properly configured and are available via the network. If necessary, to propose new printing solutions.
- Configure all the CO workstations and laptop computers (including those of training participants and facilitators).
- Assist in the evaluation and follow-up of the needs for new hardware.Technical support and training:
- Provide full IT support to meetings and events organized in JOR as per ASO directives and instructions.
- Implement under the guidance of ITT unit in EMRO, specific ITT services needed in the CO (intranet, IPSEC, Fire Wall, Checkpoint secure client, GSM, GPN, VC etc.…).
- Identify technical problems, to solve them directly or refer as appropriate. To provide assistance (first and second level user support) and simple training on basic computing skills and office software features.
- Maintain common office software and ensure that virus scanning software is kept up-to-date on all computers.
- Organize storage and access to software and ensure proper documentation and licensure.Management:
- Maintain log files and configuration tables.
- Maintain contacts with IT suppliers of materials and services.
- Monitor the stock of computer consumables. Conception/development of IT tools.
- Perform basic programming tasks such as creating and updating high priority MS Office templates (i.e. forms).
- Essential: Completion of secondary education; Training in area of informatics or telecommunication;Formal training on Windows Operating Systems family; Training on MS Office Suite.
- Desirable: University degree in Computer sciences, Computer engineering, or related field is an asset
- Essential: At least 5 years of progressive experience in operation of computers, hardware maintenance/ trouble
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Windows based networking environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based back office and desktop applications;
- Knowledge of basic telecommunications technologies and Internet based protocols.