Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to a Communications Officer.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
- To assist in Information Technology Procurement Processes, equipment availability to end-users, asset management and provide effective IT services for WFP Yemen operations.
- To Maintain an organized filing system to record all IT transactions and correspondence and be able to produce such recording at short notice. To follow-up with Procurement, Admin and Logistics Units on procurement status and delivery of IT equipment and services.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- The employee will be member of the TEC unit in Sana’a and will be specifically responsible for following tasks and duties in addition to his/her generic term of reference.
IT Procurement and Service Contract Management:
- Assist with annual procurement plan and ensure the plan has required funding approval.
- Contribution to procurement process to ensure long lead time problems are addressed.
- Maintain IT Purchase Requisitions (PRs), GRN/SES.
- Track all IT contracts and ensure the database for contacts are updated regularly.
IT Invoicing and financial Management:Update and Cross check all Invoices on the invoice tracking system and follow-up the payment process with finance unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
IT Support and Administration:
- File all incoming and outgoing correspondences and setup an easily accessible and updated IT archive
- Track staff attendance.
- Process and file all IT procurements including PRs, POs, GRNs, SES etc.
- File all IT contracts and related documents.
- Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of technology.
- Respond to end-user’s infrastructure, operating system, application and networking queries.
IT Asset and Stock Management:
- Promptly update the corporate Asset Management Database (GEMS).
- Distribute IT assets based on approved equipment request form.
- Conduct regular inventory to track all issued and stored IT assets based on Asset management SOP.
- Ensure all assets stored in IT storeroom are well tagged, stored with updated stock cards and under the right temperature.
- Provide all assets management reports as specified on asset management SOP.
- Promptly recommend replenishment of IT stock using the minimum stock level indicator.
- Recommend disposal of assets based on assets exceeding usefulness, faults that cannot be repaired and non-usage of assets for considerable length of time.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency level C in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Experience: Minimum FOUR years of relevant experience:
- Experience in in Information Technology Procurement Processes, equipment availability to end-users, asset management and provide effective IT services for WFP Yemen operations.
- Experience in data processing, analysis, reporting, preferably in an Information Technology department.
- Experience in the field of information technology, preferably as Database administrator.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
- Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical Expertise Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Service Management Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Client Management Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Procurement and Contract Management Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.