Reporting to the Unit Head, Information Technology, the IT Business Process Analyst leverages technical knowledge to provide advice on the design, development, support and maintenance, including final solutions for automating processes related to the implementation and reporting of TC projects on an array of IT Systems that can include integration with the IAEA's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System known as AIPS (Agency Wide Information System for Programme Support).
The IT Business Process Analyst is: (a) a business analyst and automated processes expert, reviewing, analysing, improving and evaluating TC business processes and specifying and designing functional automated solutions for programme planning, implementation, project management and reporting with a focus on efficiency and compliance with IAEA regulations and rules; (b) a technical lead and project manager, independently architecting technical solutions, leading a team of developers, continuously improve the technology stack of IT products, ensuring quality assurance, improving overall IT processes, initiating, planning, executing and controlling product delivery; (c) an advisor, recommending the business needs of the Department for integration or direct use of the ORACLE based ERP system and (d) a support lead, designing support strategy and providing day-to-day support and maintenance of the aforementioned automated processes.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Review existing TC business processes, make recommendations whether the processes can be automated. Recommend whether process automation should be done with a cloud solution or off-the-shelf solutions or if customization is needed.
- Manage application support, including incident resolution, introduction of new features and configurations to reflect changes in Department or IAEA Policies.
- Maintain the configuration of active automated processes for TC project planning, implementation and reporting, leveraging new solutions against existing configurations and ensuring that all technical designs are documented.
- Implement process improvements or modifications to meet business requirements.
- Assume leadership of software development and implementation projects. Construct software to meet designed solutions using modern software tools.
- Actively participate in testing to validate that the implemented features meet requirements.
- Lead and contribute to the development of sustainable reporting solution in order to meet the needs of TC managers and Member States' reporting requirements.
- Deliver training to end users and prepare technical manuals in support of upgrades, enhancements and refresher courses.
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- Bachelor's Degree - University degree in Computer Science and Technology, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or other related fields.
- Minimum two years of experience in analysing, improving, and automating moderate to complex business processes of a large organisation and modelling, measuring, improving, and/or reengineering business processes.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, designing, developing, implementing, supporting and maintaining automated processes on a Microsoft C#.NET/DotNetNuke based platform with SQL Server 2016.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing process improvement activities.
- Demonstrated experience involving leading and management of technical projects and resources.
- Demonstrated experience in developing IT solutions with integration to enterprise scale solution such as Oracle E-Business Suites and interfaces for add-on with specific business critical functionality.
- Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.