PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IT Customer Experience Manager (CXM) will focus on enhancing how World Vision Information Technology (WV IT) interacts with its internal customers via its web or mobile applications. The incumbent needs to have a strong understanding of WV IT's customers to be able to translate that into an improved digital experience.
Typically, the IT CXM must make use of three disciplines to improve internal customer experiences: customer loyalty management, customer relationship management and customer value management.
The key responsibilities for the IT Customer Experience Manager:
- Regularly assess, design and implement better experiences for WV IT's internal customers using your wide range of skills including, insight gathering, research and service design thinking
- Work with WV IT's regional operations leads to continually understand, define and then refine the customer base.
- Facilitate workshops where you will be creating service design blueprints or designing new end-to-end, multi-channel customer journeys maps
- Help create and then review the overall customer experience strategy and design principles to ensure WV IT is delivering a great service to its internal customers
- Employ a variety of data-driven analysis tools and metrics such as best practice surveys to improve overall experience.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Embraces and executes change through frequent, communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Consistently advocates for the change.
- Coaches staff through the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
Governance: Provides input into demand management process and executes on plan.
- Provides input to technology planning within a functional area.
- Implements solutions consistent within current context of overall architecture.
Process Improvements: Implements defined process improvements.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development: Develops and implements technologies to improve the performance of a business efficiency and effectiveness.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires experience in supervising and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
The IT CXM will have a minimum of 7 years of experience in the following:
- Conducting analysis of current-state IT services operations to identify customer and employee pain points across touchpoints (including online, service desk and mobile).
- Developing a point of view on process and organizational changes required to improve customer and employee experience across touchpoints.
- Assessing technology gaps and making recommendations for technology solutions to improve and connect IT service experiences for internal customers and employees.
- Implementing process, organizational and technology changes with cross-functional stakeholders including business leaders, technology leaders and IT support employees.
- Building business cases and calculating ROI on customer strategy initiatives.
- Deep experience in the Media, Communications or IT Consulting industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous strategic program experience inclusive of team leadership and project leadership.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with customer experience design across digital and traditional channels.
- Experience leading design-thinking workshops with customers and functional stakeholders.
- Cross-Industry customer experience design.
- Ability to monetize customer experience improvement via cost reduction value levers.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.