The Information Technology department supports the organization's work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC's offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Overview/Summary: The Support Technician will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
Customer Service and Communication
- Professionally, respectfully and effectively represents IT Team members, and IRC services to the users.
- Keep accurate notes of issues and steps taken within our ticketing system
- Communicate with users to ensure issue resolution and satisfaction
Technical Skills - Level I Help Desk Support
- Provide Tier 1 & 2 help desk support over-the-phone and on-site,
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support PCs Macintosh and Windows 7 and 10 workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create and maintain user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange (user, computer, security objects). Filters HelpDesk calls and provide basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, toner replacement, break/fix, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 support.
- Applies knowledgebase problems and provide Level 1 assistance to users: problem identification, instruction, and resolution of problems.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with end user and team members as required.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
- Adhere to internal audit responsibility policies and procedures and communicate the same to the end-users.
- Perform other duties as required
Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping
- Validate knowledgebase articles and user documentation.
- Self-assign tickets and monitor the assigned queue(s) in ticketing system.
- Close tickets within established service levels
Key Working Relationships: Position Reports to: Senior Manager Service Desk Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Team Leads
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The technician will work independently and in a team setting is on daily bases. He/she will interact with vendors as needed.
Internal: Team Leads, Technicians, System Engineer, Desktop Engineer, Network Engineers, Knowledgebase Manager
External: Vendors: Phone vendor, Printer Vendor, MAC support, Microsoft Support, and other as needed.
Education: College degree or equivalent certification
- 1-3 years of experience in help desk/desktop support position
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A genuine desire to patiently help others solve technical issues
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and networking equipment
- Experience with Microsoft and MAC Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
- Experience working with service desk best practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
Certificates or Licenses: A+ Certification
Working Environment: The position will work in the New York Office and is expected to be on-site. Standard office work environment.