The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Jordan Country Office with IT Unit. The position will be based in Amman, Jordan. The Internship will be for an initial period of (8) months.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in Answering calls and responding to user’s queries;
- Assist in providing basic IT support;
- Contribute to preparing IT equipment;
- Contribute to physically collect IT equipment’s information in WFP Jordan offices;
- Contribute to update equipment’s inventory;
- Assist in organizing ICT store and equipment’s;
- Assist in updating and collecting various ICT lists;
- Contribute to data entry into various systems as needed;
- Achieve office documents;
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements in fields related to Information Technology or Computer Science:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate Programme in the field of IT (for example, Bachelor’s degree) from a recognized university and have completed at least two years of the programme. Candidates should have attended classes in the past 12 months;
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate Programme in the field of IT (for example, Master degree) from a recognized university and have attended classes in the past 12 months;
- Be a recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate Programme in the field of IT (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a recognized university and have attended classes in the last 12 months of enrolment in the university.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word;
- Flexibility and ability to learn business processes;
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English