FHI 360 has a long history of supporting clinical research. Our Global Research Services (GRS) operating unit has become an independent, commercial organization named FHI Clinical Inc. FHI Clinical helps support and conduct clinical research in low-resource settings around the world. Our team includes clinical project managers, clinical research associates, research assistants, laboratory technologists, laboratory auditors, document specialists and instructional designers.
With culturally sensitive and multilingual employees in the United States, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe, FHI Clinical offers the following services to government and private sponsors:
- Protection of participants’ safety and rights
- Site identification, evaluation and development
- Site monitoring, management and training
Research operations: Laboratory capacity building, auditing, and training
- This role serves as the one-person IT presence for a small but growing contract research organization start-up
- The IT Manager will be tasked with
- Providing counsel and support to end users;
- Liaising with parent company IT to develop a carve-out plan from current support;
- Identifying a vendor to provide end-to-end IT support to our global team;
- Managing that vendor; and
- Working with staff and leadership to identify and implement systems and other technology decisions based on business needs
- The IT Manager will need to be versatile with different types of systems and offering counsel to the business on making strong and strategic systems decisions
- Vendor management
- Project management
- Day-to-day end user support
- Translate end user needs to technology solutions
- Escalate and triage issues
- Be flexible in working with global team
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Independently manages project timelines, resources, and staff.
- Leads implementation efforts.
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge of the work area demonstrated by an in-depth understanding and use of advanced principles, theories and practices associated with the work specialty.
- Functional knowledge of system and technology alternatives.
- Broad knowledge of the business unit's functions and applications.
- Collaboration, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Able to plan and organize efficiently by developing processes and procedures and by maximizing the use of available internal and external resources.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelors’ degree required, preferably in related field
- 5-8 Years related work experience.
- In-depth experience in translating business requirements to technical resources (internal and external) in support of projects.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong experience implementing the Project Life Cycle methodology; active participant in one or more full life cycle projects.
- Some experience with basic process redesign methodologies.
- Prior work experience in life sciences, preferably a contract research organization, a must.
- Prior experience with Part 11 Compliance Regulations strongly preferred.