Are you passionate about changing and saving the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? Are you interested in applying your IT expertise to improve the way we deliver food assistance to 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year by optimizing WFP's network infrastructure? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an international and talented IT Operations Officer hired as a P3 in Rome, Italy that will ensure that all services related to global LAN/WAN and Audio Video infrastructure are always secure, operational and optimized.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Design, implement and administer network solutions, including Unified Communication solution, for the convergence of audio/video conferencing, telephony and data, within the WFP Wide Area Network.
- Administer and optimize connectivity on more than 600 diverse corporate WAN nodes.
- Implement, supervise and document LAN/WAN networks, UTM Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless solutions and, production tools, including their configuration and validation.
- Administer and document MPLS, VPN, IPSec, Point-to-Point circuits and Network Access Control Systems.
- Work with your colleagues in other IT Teams to integrate new network architecture, connectivity and security systems.
- Research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network development focusing on user productivity and information security.
- Fix, remediate, assist and document issues impacting LAN/WAN and internet connectivity.
- Perform periodic performance, cost-benefit and return on investment analyses of existing WAN services and vendors to guide implementation decisions.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of five years of progressive IT experience in covering audio, video conferencing, telephony, WAN systems and network security in international environments.
- Project management skills in the Network Service Delivery context.
- Network certifications, CCIE, CCSP, CCNP or equivalent, to cover advanced networking and audio/video/data integration.
Education: Advanced University Degree in Computer Science or other related fields, or First University Degree with additional years of meaningful work experience and training.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language is required. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, or WFP’s working language, Portuguese is highly desirable.