Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 189-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The Vice Presidency
ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions.
ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The Department and Unit
The External Solutions (ITSES) is a unit within the Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) that provides state-of-art information and technology applications to support communications with external audiences, donors, member counties and other key stakeholders. The unit focuses on modernizing the Bank’s digital engagement with the public, external clients, partnerships, and other stakeholders; as well as on managing the Bank’s development data resources and geospatial solutions. This includes support for the external website, Open Data, and more. We work with our clients to design solutions that help enable client responsiveness, improve organizational effectiveness, and manage risks. We are committed to delivering business solutions that deliver value for money while we continue to excel at the basics. And we contribute to providing the Bank with an integrated digital platform that connects policies, processes, people, and knowledge across the institution in a holistic and staff-centric manner.
The Partnership Solutions team within ITSES is looking for a Solution Architect to manage the platforms and technology solutions supporting the business functions of the Board of Executive Directors, the Governors, and the Corporate Secretariat. Key capabilities include the official communications between WBG Management and the Board and Governors of the Member Countries. The portfolio supports the Annual/Spring Meetings by providing end-to-end solutions from registration to live broadcasting; as well as the specific needs of the EDs and Governors. The product line also supports the business functions of ICSID and the partnerships of the World Bank, such as GEF, CGAP, GPOBA, and GPE.
The IT Officer, Business Solutions is primarily responsible for:
- Design and lead implementation of Microsoft Dynamics and Azure based solutions using Agile development methods.
- Determine approaches to successfully deliver solutions in compliance with standards and policies.
- Develop and participate in systems design and provide direction to developers.
- Provide technical direction in the implementation of large and complex IT capital investments as well as small ongoing projects and programs.
- Manage large and/or complex projects, processes or services that have impact across multiple areas of the organization, such as across multiple functions, processes, services, etc.
- Lead both onsite and offshore developers.
- Participate in system integration efforts, executing as needed to integrate new applications into the existing base.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Analyze and interpret business requirements to define and develop technical requirements / specifications.
- Interface with business analysts, project managers, and/or clients to clarify requirements.
- Develop technical specifications and ensure quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the outcome.
- Collaborate and coordinate work among various contributors, including design teams, front-end developers, quality assurance and end users to produce scalable cutting-edge software solutions.
- Take part in setting clear processes, guidelines, procedures and policies that support the overall IT strategy as well as business goals. Manage, implement, monitor and improve processes and policies.
- Establish systems to monitor and improve operating efficiency of existing application systems and provide (or arrange for) proactive maintenance.
- Help assist development teams with defining integration, testing, and documentation processes to ensure proper operation of platforms.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring and training to team members.
- Contribute subject matter expertise and serves as a technical resource for other professionals in ITS.
- Master's degree in Computer Science with 5 years relevant experience or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining large-scale solutions in Microsoft .NET Framework including C#.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining large-scale solutions in Microsoft Dynamics.
- At least 3 years of experience in architecting Microsoft Dynamics based solution and integrations with SharePoint Online and other Azure resources as well as on-prem systems.
- Hands-on expertise in custom development with .NET/C# to extend functionalities in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Strong Experience with authenticating and authorizing apps using Azure AD, including B2B and B2E scenarios
- Programming experience in ASP.NET/C#, AngularJS, HTML, CSS and RESTful APIs.
- Thorough exposure of the core features of Microsoft Dynamics including security, data modelling, reporting, custom actions, workflows etc.
- Hands on experience in developing and deploying solutions in Azure (WebApp, Functions, KeyVault, AppInsights) etc.
- Proven experience in maintaining development best practices, including version control (using TFS), logging and monitoring (using Splunk, AppInsights). Hands-on experience in DevOps.
- Experience in coordinating and working with developers (Offshore and Onsite)
- Experience in systems administration and cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, self-starters and motivated, and able to work with others, and communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other team members across boundaries and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Able to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive client relationships and partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Able to take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.