Work in partnership with Headquarters IT to ensure technologies such as; email, Intranet, Wide Area Network, Internet Access and applications are available to FHI 360 Kenya project staff. Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of infrastructure and network systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. Also, provide support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serve as the liaison between the IS department and the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware through troubleshooting.
- Simulate or recreate processes to resolve operating difficulties and recommending system modifications to improve performance.
- Interacts with networking services, software systems, and applications as appropriate for problem resolution.
- Prepare PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training.
- Assists in supporting and training company users about online communication services and client hardware and software operating environments.
- Perform software installations on company computers and configure applications as specified.
- Responds to Service Desk requests and maintain accurate information within the IS tracking System and document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist in the evaluation of business problems, evaluate and recommend vendor packages, and implement required software.
- Perform hardware diagnostics for company computers and maintains partnerships with manufacturers and vendors.
- Ensure effective maintenance of day-to-day system operations, e.g. system files management, account maintenance, archiving, backup and recovery and hardware maintenance
- Conduct system/network monitoring for; performance, security controls, capacity planning and disaster recovery
- Serve as a contact to IT vendors and service providers for planning and problem resolution
- Advises CO and US-based HQ IT Technical backstop on hardware and software requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Respond to requests for new domain accounts and security changes to ensure accounts are deleted, locked or archived as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality about the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Knowledge of IT operations, data and voice communications, and systems analysis.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows administration, Active Directory, Network Services - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Satellite (VSAT), Domain Name System (DNS), Updates Services, Networking protocols, Cloud services administration
- Knowledge and experience with backup, restore, and performance monitoring applications.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely to non-technical users.
- Ability to organize and coordinate log information for easy maintenance and access.
- Ability to initiate projects, draw plan of activities, monitor and notify supervisor of variances.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Relevant certifications ITIL/MCSA/MCSE/CCNA/A+/N+
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.