IT Officer - PROVIC
PATH, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
- Ensure all workstations and laptops are properly configured and maintained; coordinate with regional technical staff to resolve technical issues.
- Support computer and network helpdesk by responding to email, voicemail, and phone requests; log requests into helpdesk application; and follow-up through resolution.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, basic network problems, and network printers; maintain thorough and accurate documentation on solutions to technical issues.
- Ensures that new employees' computers are configured and set up upon arrival.
- Maintain and keep inventory of all IT equipment, including tape rotation and off-site storage duties.
- Implement new hardware and software technologies; assist with the repair, installation and upgrades; update and maintain workstation documentation and change logs.
- Maintain system, licensing, warranties, support agreements.
- Create and maintain network and email group list; assign network rights and permissions and set-up new user account.
- Respond to all staff IT related support requests and provide assistance to HQ based IT engineering staff in troubleshooting network and server issues
- Conduct periodic one-on-one and small group training sessions to ensure the successful adoption and ongoing effective use of PATH’s IT solutions including Office 365, Skype for Business, Onedrive and SharePoint
- Conduct introductory sessions to new staff to familiarize them with IT solutions and policies
- Ensure data backups are running reliably and that data is secure
- Maintain staff PCs and printers
- Keep the supervisor fully informed on a daily basis of all IT problems and advise what steps are being taken to resolve any problems.
- Convene quarterly meetings to brief the supervisor, discuss any performance issues and provide information and feedback concerning IT operations in the project.
- Use the global helpdesk ticketing system to log all support requests and document them fully
- Schedule for preventive maintenance of all IT equipment and supervise the same
- Liaise with the ISP to ensure continued availability of the Internet.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various Microsoft Operating systems, both server and workstation.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff within an organization.
- Strong customer-service work ethic in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with little direct supervision.
- Strong learning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds of equipment with or without an accommod
- Excellent PC troubleshooting skills
- Proven expertise in IT network administration
- Ability to accurately and completely log incidents in a ticketing system
- Experience conducting personal and small group IT training sessions and a passion for teaching people about new technologies
- Basic server and network troubleshooting skills; the ability to follow instructions when acting as remote hands for HQ engineering staff
- Understanding of wired and wireless LANs, VPNs and the ability to diagnose network issues using commonly available tools such as traceroute, ping, and pathping
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Associate's degree in computer science, plus 5 - 7 years' experience in systems administration and troubleshooting hardware and software issues using Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Office 2003; or a combination of Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in computing, diagnosing, and resolving network and workstation technical issues also required.
- Preferred experience includes: Cisco, A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP); MS Windows Active Directory; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and Microsoft Share Point and System Backups.