The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and under the supervision of the Head of Service Management and the Chief, Service Management Branch in Headquarters (Hqs.), the incumbent of the post will perform the following functions
Duties and Responsibilities
To work in a shift as per the roster (The service operates on a 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts);
- To receive incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other medium and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System. To assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact of the issue.
- To perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed;
- To troubleshoot the issues by remote connection to user’s machine under different environments. To troubleshoot, interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. To analyse problems by using manual or automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring technical difficulties.
- To also install, modify, clean, and repair computer software. Communicate with clients and follow-up on all open and pending tickets. Escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary;
- To maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate). To regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR;
- Assist users globally in how to use computer hardware and software features. Identify persistent problems, communicate and document. Further, constantly interact with users to answer questions and give advice;
- To highlight any discrepancies that are found in procedures in regards to actual workflow and applications of the procedures;
- Work with global vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software. Remain in communication with customers and or 3rd party vendors regarding the status of their issue and will be the conduit between technicians, customers and vendors. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel;
- To follow-up with the specialist teams for faster resolutions and request fulfilments or escalate to shift leaders as required;
- To keep the users updated on the status of requests fulfilment and incident resolutions
Duties and Responsibilities Contd.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvements of IT services;
- Support the development o standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure that staff (this could read as their teams) have access to required information about IT services and products;
- Perform other related duties as required;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical Expertise Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Service Management Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Client Management Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Procurement and Contract Management Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Secondary school education supplemented by technical training in electronics or telecommunications, computer technology or other related field. First level university degree will be an added advantage.
Foundation/practitioner level certification in ITIL best practices is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential.
Expected Results and Critical Success Factors
Expected Results: Quick restoration of IT Service to users using either a workaround or solution. Fulfilment of service requests as per the priority matrix and SLA. Produces organized, accurate and well documented records conforming to required format with well analyzed data.
Critical Success Factors: Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies. Identify and resolve operational problems with substantial independence. Ability to obtain or give factual information of a non-routine nature involving interpretation of facts and requiring clarity of expression. Ability to perform detailed work, frequently of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively and accurately. Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities. Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate assignments to achieve common goals. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent knowledge of computing technology, and in particular Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Windows 7/10, LAN topologies, MS Office 2016 (Office 365), MS Outlook, Skype 4 Business (including video, audio features), Lotus Notes and Domino.
- Security and Firewalls (VPN, ISA, Pix, SonicWall) and related tools and technology.
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware and PC internal components. Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides. Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required. Effective interpersonal skills and relationship building skills. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas in user friendly language. Strong customer services orientation. Maintain technical knowledge to keep up with rapid changes in technology
At least four years of progressively responsible job related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, web design, registry or similar. Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit, web design team, telephone maintenance service, e-marketing group, hotline etc. In-depth knowledge and experience across service support and service delivery best practice methodologies such as ITIL; hands on experience in UN or NGO environments is desirable.
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
- Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
- Experience in a 24x7 call center environment will be preferred.