The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is seeking to hire IT Operations Assistants, based at the offshore office of Headquarters Global IT Service Desk in New Delhi, India. The IT Operations Assistant will work in a larger team setup and are expected to deliver accurate technical work in an organized manner. The incumbent will assist the team with day-to-day Global ITSD operations in the arena of:
- ITIL Service Management processes (Queue Management/ Problem Management/ Incident Management)
- Networking ( Cisco/Voice/ Network Security / Unificied Communication/ SIEM/ SOC/VSAT support operations)
- Microsoft O365 (Azure active directory/Advance Threat Protection ( ATP), Patch Management- SCOM/SCCM)
- Application support, Cross-functional, SAP L-1 and documentation.
The interested candidate must be willing to work in shifts as per the business need based roster (The service centre operates on a 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the general supervision of the HQ Technology Division and overall supervision of the IT Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Team leaders, the IT Operations Assistant will be responsible for performing the following key functions:
- Under take monitoring of HQ and field office support tickets using the internal ticket tracking system established by the Global ITSD in their respective technical stream.
- Assist and undertake trouble shooting by configuring and installation of systems under respective area of technology and provide resolution.
- Manage Laptop/Desktop setup and deployments of services for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Collect and document service desk procedures to help build an empowered knowledge management.
- Respond to routine technology related queries and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients by way of consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceeds the organisation standards.
- Help build a knowledge base of common routine problem and requests and solutions to reduce ticket inflow.
- Alert and inform the concerned Manager when services/lights are down.
- Advise with end users on IT problems and issues and participate in projects as needed.
- Review service desk tickets and prepare a detailed summary of findings and recommendations.
- Undertake standard data entry and reporting tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for ITSD team members
- Support the maintenance of on data storage and documents
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Secondary School Education. An Undergraduate University Degree in Computer Science is preferable.
- Certification in respective area of technical skills ITIL Service Management (Problem Management/ Incident Management)/ O365 /Cisco Certification in Voice/ Routing-Switching Security – CCNP Security/SOC/SIEM/ Wireless.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least three years of post-certification experience in a similar position in a large network environment . Candidate having working experience from large ITES/BPO will be an added advantage.
- Experience in ITIL implementation – Problem and incident management, Service Design and implementation skills; OR
- Microsoft O365 – Azure portal/ O365 user management, ATP / Mobile Device Management/ SCOM/SCCM/; OR
- Network Operations in area of LAN/WAN, firewall management, SD-WAN, Voice and CUCM, SIEM/SOC operations/Switching/ Routing/ISE.
- Ability to provide the first level of support to users requesting help with software, hardware, telephones, printers.
- Hands on experience in O365/ITIL/Microsoft ATP/SCCM/LAN/ WAN/Cisco
- Good conceptual knowledge of mentioned technical skills.
Desired Soft Skills
- Excellent communication skills are required. Must be courteous, punctual, conscientious, patient, dependable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated (Fluency in the English language is a key requirement and knowledge of any other UN official language will be an asset. )
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate solid recommendations.
- Ethics & Values, Team Work, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Stress Resistance, Behavioural Flexibility.