The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
PROJECT BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
We are seeking to fill IT Operations Assistants, based at the offshore office of Headquarters Global IT Service Desk in New Delhi, India. Under the general supervision of the HQ Technology Division and overall supervision of the IT Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Team leaders. The IT Operations Assistants works in a team and are expected to produce organized and accurate technical work. The incumbent will assist the team with day-to-day Global ITSD Network operations and monitoring. He/she should be able to design an enterprise level Voice and Security Operations, defects vulnerability assessment, review and evaluate remediation plans and Documentation of procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagrams.The interested candidate must be willing to work in shifts as per the roster (The service operates on a 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts).
- Monitor, HQ and field offices support tickets using our internal ticket tracking system.
- Escalates and coordinates with L3 and vendor support team whenever required.
- Ensures in-scope infrastructure components are checked regularly, updated, and secured
- Willing to work shifts, after-hours and weekends as needed; occasionally on short notice due to emergencies (i.e., Deploy a security patch on a firewall to mitigate a vulnerability risk)
- Create reports as needed including Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
- Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on Network security strategies.
- Interface with various stakeholders (i.e., Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc...) regarding projects, implementation and operational issues.
- Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
- Manage and report time accurately as per assignments.
- Provides consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceeds the organisation standards.
- Design and implement and maintain data link redundancies for WFP WAN infrastructure.
- Fine tune the current infrastructure to optimise network performance over the WAN/LAN.
- Work closely with IT security teams to provide high level network guidance and support for prevention and mitigation of threats and abuses on the core network.
- Sustain corporate guidance, SOPS, standards, and roadmaps on LAN, WAN, satellite and wireless technologies, SD-WAN and WAN optimizations.
- Provide high level expertise on routing, VPN, QoS, integration of WFP WAN with external providers and other network-related policies;
- Periodical QoS review, design and implementation to prioritize and improve the performance of WFP critical business applications
- Consolidation, fine-tuning and integration of Netflow traffic statistics into the WFP Corporate Network monitoring system to better assess field capacity requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Secondary School Education with “Active and Valid Cisco Certifications”. An Undergraduate University Degree/ in Computer Science is preferable.
- Fluency in English Language
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Five or more years of post educational qualification work experience in a similar position in a large network environment.
- Experience in network operations, implementation, and a good understanding of LAN/WAN and firewall management methodologies.
- Solid understanding of switching / Routing/CISCO ISE/CUCM and enterprise contact centre/VPN Concentrator/ IDS/IPS / Firepower products range/ Software Defined WAN- SDWAN technologies.
- Sound knowledge of VPN protocols (IPSEC, DMVPN, SSL), WAN acceleration (Riverbed and Cisco WAAS) and Network IP Monitoring tools (Netflow, OpenNMS, OpManager, Orion Solarwinds, IP Monitor, Fluke VPM, Ntop).
- Strong knowledge of ITIL would be an asset
- Candidates having working experience in from Large ITES/BPO organisations will be an added advantage.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills are required. Must be courteous, punctual, conscientious, patient, dependable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate solid recommendations.
- Ethics & Values, Team Work, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Stress Resistance, Behavioural Flexibility.
- Ability to provide the first level of support to users requesting help with software, hardware, telephones, printers.