IT Operations Assistant
World Food Programme, Ankara, Turkey
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
This job is located in Ankara Country Office and Gaziantep Area Office in Turkey. Job holder reports to the IT Operations Officer in Ankara.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience: Two years of working experience in IT client support unit (helpdesk), IT service operations, or software and hardware maintenance. Experience in resolving complex technical issues, defining requirements for functional areas and the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate client service problems is required.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Turkish.
- Nationality and Residency: The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence at the time of application.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.