The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this videos to know more about us
Why work at WFP
- SAVING & CHANGING LIVES
- Make a difference the world will notice.
- We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Assistant who can provide the highest standards of services to his/her customers at different levels.
- If you're intertested to be part of our team by contributing the effective delivery of IT services and bring your skills to save lives, please do not hesitate to apply.
You report to Head of the Admin Unit, under technical guidance of Regional IT Officer and overall supervision of the Country Director of WFP Iran.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in a related field will be an advantage.
- Experience: Three or more years of experience in ICT related fields.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English and Farsi.