IT Operations Assistant
World Food Programme, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment including but not limited to: Telescopic Mast, RF equipment, RF link, etc., to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Plan and deploy intranet/internet in WFP operational area with complete documentation. Able to lift and distribute heavy equipment in the field.
- Other ICT related work when necessary.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Telecommunications Engineering, or in the related functional area is desirable
- At least 2 years of experiences in IT support and services section and Windows server operating system, AD, Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft products, LAN/WLAN, digital solution, telephone and radio communications technology.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.