IT Operations Assistant
World Food Programme , Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the general supervision of the Head of Support Services and the direct supervision of the Head of ICT Services. The ICT Operations Assistants work in a team and are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work the incumbent will assist the team with day-to-day IT Service Desk. Active Directory (including on-prem and Azure AD, DNS, DFS, DHCP). patch management implementation, operations, and procedures. Security and defects vulnerability assessment, review and evaluate remediation plans and Documentation of procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagrams. Install, maintain and update the operating systems on the physical and virtual servers as well as the Microsoft server software.
- To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the engagement with Jordan CO business unit to support in identifying requirements for the high-level design and deployment of technology solutions and systems to support digital services.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical solutions.
- Provide analysis to enable the decision on solution design such as build or buy.
- Liaise with colleagues in HQ and RBs to solicit input and review in line with the Federated Software Development Network.
- Contribute to the capability building of Jordan staff through supporting appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills knowledge in IT and digital solutions.
- Provide first/second level helpdesk support onsite or remote technical support for simple and complex customer environments
- Monitor Jordan CO and field offices support tickets using our internal ticket tracking system and perform analysis and draft reports.
- Escalates and coordinates with higher Support Levels whenever required.
- Ensures in scope infrastructure components are checked regularly, updated, and secured.
- Willing to work occasionally on short notice due to emergencies (i.e., Deploy a security patch on a firewall to mitigate a vulnerability risk)
- Create reports as needed, including Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric, and others.
- Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, focusing on OS Windows End User, OS Windows Server, and Office 365 with enterprise telephony.
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, and conduct root-cause analysis updating the incident tickets.
- Support to Plan, configure and deploy projects for our customers, including infrastructure rebuilds, cloud migrations, and network redesigns.
- Ability and willingness to reach out for assistance when required to ensure that all technical issues are resolved as efficiently and timely as possible.
- Ability and willingness to provide backup for any role in the service department as required
- Provide consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed the organization standards.
- Manage and report time accurately as per assignments.
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. Bachelor degree in Computer science, computer Engineering, IT, BIS or any relevant field will be considered an addition.
- Experience: Four or more years of progressively work experience in ICT technical support.
- Experience in network operations, implementation, and understanding of Windows environments to ensure high availability.
- Proven ability in helping partners build a Microsoft best practice solution process and understanding of office 365 offerings.
- Experience in network operations, implementation, and a good understanding of LAN/WAN and firewall management methodologies.
- Solid understanding of switching / Routing/CISCO ISE/CUCM and enterprise contact centre/VPN Concentrator/ IDS/IPS / Firewall products range
- Knowledge of ITIL v4 Foundation CNNA, MCSA, Microsoft Azure certifications would an asset.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English & Arabic.