The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, Information Technology Operations Assistants will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are not all inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all Information Technology Assistants):
- Managing all IT subject related with administration, travel, logistics issues in the operation; Liaise and coordinate with any relevant partners e.g. WFP Administration, Travel, Supply Chain, Procurement, ETS, CBT and SCOPE focal points;
- Assist supporting receipt/dispatch equipment against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills, delivery notes, loan forms, equipment hand over) ensuring accuracy in physical counting of equipment including the quality in compliance with the established standards;
- Assist maintaining logs or archives of information, such as computer-related logs, trouble tickets, directories, web-site publications, registries, data warehouses, reports, etc.; Assess the availability of space and assist preparing stacking/storage plans prior shipments arrival;
- Ensure incoming / outgoing IT equipment is fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning; Maintaining and sharing a tracking sheet for all IT orders/shipments/deliveries; Assist coordinating the shipping of ICT equipment to/from the warehouse to the locations where items will be deployed.
- Assist maintaining inventory of ICT equipment, software, services including updating GEMS; Carry out periodic cycle counts to ensure information in the control systems reflects the physical stock of all IT equipment.
- Inform equipment and services deliverables to raise GRN/SES and doing the invoice’s tracking on ITS; Follow up monthly payments for IT services with relevant unit’s focal points.
- Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer-related equipment, communications equipment, web-site content, shared data storage, training materials etc.; Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked;
- Assist in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as backing up data, monitoring network and systems, servers and peripherals, running systems diagnostics, patch management and system optimization, removing viruses etc.;
- Assist users to resolve operational problems with hardware and software including standard WFP applications installed on the network and desktop computers (i.e. Outlook, MS Office365, WINGS, etc.);
- Assist with the installation, modification and maintenance of LAN/WAN components including AD, cables, operating system, application and utility software, various interface cards, data storages, user computers etc.;
- Ensure adherence to system security procedures including password protection and physical security
- Identify and resolve operational problems. Ability to communicate moderately complex matters clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant. Having recognized certificates in Radio Communications, Information Technology or in another related electronic communication field are desire
- Experience: At least 04 (four) years of progressively responsible job-related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, Help Desk or User Support Unit, radio unit, web design, registry or similar.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical Expertise Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Service Management Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Client Management Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Procurement and Contract Management Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.