IT Operations Associate
World Food Programme, Istanbul, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
- To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Providing technical assistance to the UN sister agency in the shared premises.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Turkish languages.(Written and Spoken)
Experience: Typically 6 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant functional area and 3 years of relevant work experience.