IT Operations Associate
World Food Programme, Sanaa, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or IT Solutions Developer.
- At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
- To provide technical support on the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of a portion of IT solutions in line with business requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components.
- Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to support systems maintenance.
- Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
- Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
- Resolve users queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT inhouse and corporate systems and applications.
- Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
- Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
- Has been a main team member of the design, development, and implementation of software applications for a reputable organization.
- Worked as backend developers using PHP, Ruby, ASP.net, or Python and to be proficient at working with databases like MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience: First University degree in Computer Science/software engineering with 4 years of work experience in software development and digital service delivery with a reputable organization is required.
Language: Fluency level C in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.