IT Operations Associate
World Food Programme, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyses data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems as well as guidance and orientation to staff in the delivery of IT support services; Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Support the co-ordination of new applications and solutions implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Deploy and maintain IT network infrastructure in the offices, including Local Area Network, Wireless Network, datacenter and equipment such as servers and firewalls; Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Implement system administrations tasks and carry out routine tasks, such as backing up and restoring data, monitoring network and systems, databases, servers and peripherals; Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Ensure that appropriate backup systems and procedures are in place to provide IT services in case of a disaster or system failure. Develop and implement disaster recovery plans and disaster recovery tests
- Prepare plans for upgrade of network infrastructure in line with corporate guidelines. Prepare detailed budget and technical proposals for deployment and upgrade of network infrastructure and install new technology upgrades as required; Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any relevant field will be an asset.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic language (Level C)
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in deploying and administrating ICT systems and Networks.
- Experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
- Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
- Strong technical skills of deploying and support of ICT infrastructure systems ,servers and networks
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills
- CCNA and MCITP /MCSA certificates are strongly required.