Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Provide support to maintain IT systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
- Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
- Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge, and build awareness of industry developments.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT.
- Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
- Other as required.
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Has assisted in the design and implementation of IT service management systems for handling customer requests.
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
- Has assisted with the specification, development, research and evaluation of client standards.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to WFP website: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021835 and click on “National Professionals”
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12 August 2016
- REFERENCE No: 16-0021835