The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
We are seeking to fill a IT Operations Officer (deputy to ITSD Head in India) , based at the offshore office of Headquarters Global IT Service Desk in Gurugram, India. Objective of the position is to support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative IT solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy. The IT Service Desk works on 24/7/365 model; hence Officer should be flexible to align the working time in accordance to requirements from staff and time zone of clients across globe.
This position is under the overall guidance of TEC division and under direct supervision of the ITSD Manager. Active contribution to the compilation, analysis, maintenance and reporting of IT data to maximise the effectiveness of IT services is expected from IT Operations Officer in this role. Resolution of daily issues (work/staff) and provide timely support to the design, development and usage of systems to clients. The incumbent will guide and lead the service desk operations. It will also require to work on improving Operations efficiency, change management and innovation to achieve better results.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards. Work with ITSD manager and HQ management to contribute and develop plans supporting the IT vision, direction and strategy implementation.
- Monitor and streamline the Service desk operations and meet Key performance indicators for Operations. Participates and assigns resources to Projects. Reviews, edits and approved process documents or Standard Operating procedures (SOP’s).
- install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
- Manage Service Desk staffing, including staff and shift leaders, work planning, coordination and needed supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and reporting.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge and build awareness of industry developments.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Participates in Service Transition projects and ensure a smooth, effective and contour transition.
- Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and Telecommunications.
- Iteract effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP can maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining Business continuity plan for Operations.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS;
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science (Example: BTech/MCA/MTech/MS) or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Certification in ITIL intermediate/ PMP/ PRINCE2 would be of added advantage.
- Languages: Good command over written and spoken English language
DESIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- 5 to 7 years of experience of leading operations of providing Technical support/ service desk / IT infrastructure management in large organisation/ITES environment.
- Ability to work with leadership with global stakeholders.
- Has deep understanding/ knowledge of at-least 2 technologies i.e. SAP/ IT Infrastructure/ Software Support/ ITIL Deployment/ Network/ Microsoft technology
- Has managed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations
- Has good experience in Project Management / Transition/ Process design and migration
- Candidates having work experience in large ITES/ IT organisations will be given preference
- Ability to provide the focal point services to the global stakeholders for service desk related operational matters.
- Experience in guiding higher complexity technical issues.
- Should have good working knowledge of ITIL, SD WAN, Infra/Application Management.
- Must be very meticulous in managing team and operations both.
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS:
- Highly effective communication skills are required.
- Incumbent should be intrinsically motivated and enthusiastic to take up this role of responsibility.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate solid recommendations.
- Ethics & Values, Team Work, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Stress Resistance, Behavioural Flexibility.