IT Project Management Support
International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Division of Energy Planning and Nuclear Information and Knowledge comprises the Planning and Economic Studies Section, Nuclear Knowledge Management Section and the Nuclear Information Section. The Division is responsible for strengthening capacities in energy and nuclear power planning, building capacities to manage nuclear knowledge and provide knowledge management services to interested member states, and to procure and provide printed and electronic information in the area of nuclear science and technology.
- The Nuclear Systems Support group (NSSG) provides for development and proper maintenance of reliable information management systems in conformance to IAEA and international standards for the Department of Nuclear Energy. The group advise managers and staff in setting up new IT projects; ensures fast resolution of issues; provides continuous support to IT application owners; develops, maintains and helps staff to use SharePoint based sites for collaboration; monitors and tracks all IT-related activities within the Department; and ensures that all Departmental IT projects follow IAEA-wide cyber security, IPSAS and governance requirements.
- Under the supervision of Nuclear Support Systems Coordinator, the consultant will develop the business analyses and technical approaches to implement IT projects, including but not limited to the SharePoint 2019 Migration Project for the Department of Nuclear Energy, .NET migration to SharePoint projects, and the Marie Skłodowska Curie Fellowship Programme (MSCFP) applicant management platform project.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Identify potential options for the development or acquisition of a digital platform per the specifications, including in-house and externally available solutions.
- Perform market analysis of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and open-source offerings that show a strong potential for applicability.
- Perform analysis of third-party solutions for functional requirements implementation and provide recommendations and implementation support.
- Consult with Business Leads/Scientific Secretaries on appropriate SharePoint Modern Sites UI templates, wherever appropriate (SharePoint).
- Coordinate User Acceptance testing (UAT) with relevant users.
- Provide content management support for site content migration (SharePoint).
- Develop/modify the system documentation, perform testing, and deploy the solution(s).
- Prepare software application maintenance manual and user guide/help files.
- Provide regular reports to the Nuclear Support Systems Coordinator on project progress until finalization of the project(s).
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in computer science and/or IT related fields or equivalent (e.g., engineering, maths, physics, etc.).
- Minimum four years of relevant experience in programming.
- Experience in Business Analysis.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing software development projects, using any of the standard project management techniques (e.g., Scrum, Agile, Kanban. PRINCE2, PMBOK, CCPM, etc.)
- Experience writing software application maintenance manuals and user guides.
- Experience with code management tools, version control, release planning and back-ups.
- Experience with SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Online, and Office 365 is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following is an asset: .NET, SQL, XML, JQuery, HTML5, CSS, NodeJS, TypeScript, and/or SharePoint Framework (SPFx).
- Good communication and teamwork skills but also able to work independently when required.
- Good oraland written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.