The IT Project Manager will be responsible for leading multiple projects for the implementation of MS Office 365 in CARE Canada’s six (6) country offices located in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean, where English may not be the language of communication. The scope of this role entails conducting needs assessment in each country office, requirements analysis as well as planning and creating project roadmaps. At CARE Canada’s head office in Ottawa, the IT Project Manager will support the implementation of a new cloud data backup solution. This is a temporary full time position reporting to the IT Manager and ending in December 2018. International travel will be required. Excellent English and French communication skills are necessary. Spanish would be an asset.
What you offer:
- 5 or more years of relevant experience with a solid background in network administration with natural career progression into IT project management
- Experience leading multiple projects across large complex, cross functional and matrix teams.
- Outstanding technical skills and sound understanding of firewalls, switches, security protection, user authentication, all within the context of Office 365 for country offices work
- Experience testing and implementing the migration of data backups from onsite to the cloud.
- Extensive knowledge of technology configurations, web infrastructure, telecommunications, systems hardware and software and security management
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and SharePoint
- Experience configuring SharePoint Enterprise Features such as MS Office 2016, Excel Service, Search Service, User Profile Service, Managed Metadata Service, Performance Point Service Skills & Competencies – considered a definite asset
- Experience with Microsoft projects, familiar with Gantt charts or work breakdown structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Fluency in Spanish would be an asset
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Great international travel opportunities
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.