We are seeking to fill the position of a Service Operations Analyst to join the Global SCOPE Service Operations (WFPs digital assistance platform) team based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience with working in a Service Operations Unit setup.
- Conversance with the WFP SCOPE end to end process including the end to end SCOPE Service Operations process.
- Experience working with WFP operations especially Cash Based Transfers
- Experience working with Easy Vista (ITSM).
- Experience and knowledge working in the United Nations environment.
- Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
- Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 1/2
Working in the SCOPE Service Operations Unit under direct supervision of the Team Lead with overall reporting to the Operations Manager and the Head of Unit, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Carry out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (CIs) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to SCOPE devices.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of reported issues; recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed.
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate) to regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization, and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.
KEY ACCONTABILITIES 2/2
- Communicate with clients and follow up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary.
- Participate in presentations/demos of release candidates by third level support. And pass on the knowledge to the team members.
- Perform offsite and onsite SCOPE end user trainings where needed.
- Provide data extraction reports as per end user request.
- Perform the activities under the direct supervision of the respective Team Lead and undertake additional tasks as required.
- Advise the Team Lead on any areas that require improvement.
- Adhere to the laid down team procedures while maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Analyze and translate end user specifications to technical requirements.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related programme from an accredited University. Must have (at the least) certification in ITIL3 Foundation from an accredited institution.
Experience: Must have minimum 4 years post graduate work experience in a Service Operations environment. Must have practical knowledge in use of an IT Service Management tool, including queue management, reporting and data analysis. Proficiency in Outlook365.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential. Official UN language is an added advantage especially French and/or Spanish.