IT Service Delivery Manager
World Vision International(WVI), Position Location to be determined by successful candidate within the East Asia or South Asia Pacific Regions where WVI is registered, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The IT Service Deliver Manager role is responsible for managing and maintaining global IT processes and standards relevant to their area. They manage one or more IT processes within one functional area and provide services to one or more global field office locations.
- Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the companys strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
- IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
- To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of clients business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Embraces and executes change through frequent, communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Consistently advocates for the change.
- Coaches staff through the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Provides input into demand management process and executes on plan.
- Provides input to technology planning within a functional area.
- Implements solutions consistent within current context of overall architecture.
- Implements defined process improvements.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development:
- Develops and implements technologies to improve the performance of a business efficiency and effectiveness.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: (Required)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires experience in supervising and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of relevant IT and business work experience.
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver a single IT project on time and within budget.