IT Solution Assistant
World Food Programme , Khartoum, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan - with over a total of 4 million people assisted in 2019. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Under the direct supervision of Business Transformation Officer, ICT unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Provide second level technical support for beneficiary registrations, distributions, redemptions and reconciliations for all delivery mechanisms implemented through SCOPE platform.
- Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components; Test and deploy new software/hardware to support CBTs activities Country wide. In consultation with IT management, contribute in the evaluation, design, development, update, documentation and follow-up of applications.
- Train WFP staff/CP/Retailer on how to use new technologies used in CBTs. To be able to configure/troubleshoot SD360 smart card printers. To be able to configure Mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) FXn00.
- Conduct regular data quality checks, ensuring clarity, accuracy and consistency in support to Operations.
- Maintain updated status of all tasks and share it with the Development Team Leader to ensure that at any time any other team member can take over any of the applications at its current level and continue with the minimum disruption.
- Conduct regular data quality checks, ensuring clarity, accuracy and consistency at the first level.
- Actively participate in IT Macro/Micro Assessment according to the standard operating procedures for CBTs activities,
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Expected Result: Internal and external stakeholders are adequately trained and business processes supported by SCOPE is properly followed.
- Ensure accurate data entry of beneficiary information.
- Competent use of technology and timely registration of beneficiaries.
- Ability to work in a team with close-knit coordination between Beneficiaries, WFP, Government, Cooperating Partners and other service providers during registration
- Effective use and compliance with WFP corporate guidance, standard operating procedures for registration, privacy of information, and gender and protection.
- Well organized, complete and accurate reports, records and/or data, put together independently with only general guidance.
STANDRAD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education:
- Secondary school education preferably supplemented by tertiary learning in business, social studies, public administration or other related field.
- At least four years of relevant experience. If the candidate has university degree, then two years' experience is eligible. Should have experience in database, Linux (Ubuntu
- Proficiency (read/ write/ speak) in English and Arabic.