The United Nations World Food Program is the largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger in the world. In Niger, WFP has met the needs of poor women, men, boys and girls since 1968. We are working to achieve the Zero Hunger goal by 2030 by supporting government and community efforts on two fronts, saving lives and change lives.
To save lives, we intervene in crisis zones. We are present in the Lake Chad basin where violence linked to the conflict with Boko Haram has resulted in the displacement of thousands of people. This crisis has destabilized the Diffa region in Niger, also precipitating local populations in great vulnerability. The border with Mali is also subject to increasing instability. WFP provides food assistance in these areas to assist victims of conflict, refugees, displaced, returnees and local host populations.
To change lives, WFP is working across Niger to make people more resilient to shocks, including climatic shocks, which threaten the agricultural capacities and livelihoods of the most vulnerable Nigeriens. Our package of integrated activities covers nutrition, school canteens and technical assistance for land reclamation. WFP buys part of its food locally and from small producers to revitalize the national and local economy. We focus on building the capacity of government and communities in this country hit by repeated shocks. In this way, people manage to break the vicious circle of poverty and to see the future in a better light.
WFP manages the United Nations humanitarian air services, UNHAS. Some regions are far from the capital. Thanks to its devices, UNHAS allows all humanitarian personnel present in Niger to quickly and safely reach the place of humanitarian operations. This helps to reach vulnerable people, even in the most difficult to access areas.
Independent studies have shown that WFP's interventions in Niger are bearing fruit. These results confirm that our efforts in support of the government are helping, with the support of our donors, to support the development of Niger.
For more information, follow WFP's activities on
Objective : Under the direct supervision of BTO and IT Officer, the IT SCOPE Assistant will participate in the mobilization, registration and distribution of assistance to beneficiaries.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not exhaustive)
- Be the first point of contact for services to beneficiaries during a registration campaign.
- Perform regular data quality checks ensuring clarity, precision and consistency.
- Support the program in codifying the list of beneficiaries by following the rules established for this purpose
- Oversee the registration of beneficiaries and distributions of WFP assistance and ensure that the rules established for registration and distributions are followed
- Take initiatives for the improvement of the Beneficiaries management platform so that it evolves according to the changes and challenges related to the transfer methods according to the various contexts in the intervention areas
- Sensitize and train WFP staff, cooperating and state partners, retailers / suppliers and beneficiaries on the use of the management platform and other new technologies in registering beneficiaries and distributing WFP assistance ;
- Ensure precise entry of information on beneficiaries and maintain a database of beneficiaries of WFP assistance;
- analyze and prepare reports on beneficiary registrations and WFP assistance distributions;
- Follow the rules established for the registration of beneficiaries within WFP food assistance activities.
- Test and deploy new software / hardware to support registration and distribution of beneficiaries.
- Provide technical support to cooperating and state partners, retailers / suppliers, beneficiaries and WFP staff during distribution cycles for the different transfer modalities, especially electronic
- Train WFP staff / partners / retailers on the use of new technologies in registering and distributing beneficiaries.
- Actively participate in planning and coordination activities, identify operational shortcomings and propose remedies or improvements in the registration of beneficiaries as well as distributions;
- Support the VAM team in data collection - installation of tablets and loading of applications;
- Participate in Micro and Macro studies to determine the IT technologies used in the regions.
- Support in performing system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure their proper functioning;
- Contribute to monitoring, reliability of technology, identification of user needs, data analysis and production of precise reports in order to recommend solutions;
- Support the resolution of requests independently, intensifying if necessary, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and that accurate information is provided to the person;
- Contribute to providing standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems to assist WFP staff in carrying out their work;
- Provide advice and training to colleagues in providing IT support services to support staff capacity building;
- Support the coordination of the implementation of new applications in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform their tasks effectively;
- Participate in the coordination of the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, in order to ensure optimal services in accordance with standard operating procedures;
- Follow the emergency response processes and procedures defined as required to provide support to meet emergency food aid needs;
- Ensure precise entry of information on beneficiaries.
- Efficient use and compliance with WFP general guidelines, standard operating procedures for recording, confidentiality of information, gender and protection.
- Well-organized, complete and accurate reports, records and / or data, collected independently with only general indications.
- Demonstrate experience in managing beneficiaries and in the field for the delivery of humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations.
- Ensure the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Support the management of IT resources (computers, printers, assets, etc.) and monitor needs and help estimate new needs to facilitate the efficiency and profitability of operations and services.
- Understand and communicate strategic objectives: Helps teammates to articulate the strategic objectives of the WFP.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team work processes to the supervisor
- Make the mission a source of inspiration for our team: Explain the impact of WFP's activities in beneficiary communities with teammates.
- Communicate our mission in daily actions: Explain how the unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
- Look for ways to build people's skills: Train junior teammates on new skills and abilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seek opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Develop and provide constructive feedback: Serves as a benchmark coach for colleagues in the same work area.
- Create an “I want” / “We will do” spirit: Continue progress towards the objectives and share this information regularly with the supervisor.
- Encourage innovation and creative solutions: Explore ways to be systematically more efficient and precise in one's own areas of work and share new working methods with colleagues
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for effectiveness
- Make commitments and respect them: Takes responsibility for their own tasks and informs the supervisor as soon as possible of any delays in meeting deadlines or commitments
- Be decisive: Decide independently of the measures to be taken in the face of critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations on the ground
- Connect and share between WFP units: Suggests partnership possibilities with other units to the supervisor.
- Establish strong external partnerships: Identify opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field toward common goals
- Be politically agile and adaptable: Understands the value of WFP teams and external partners in achieving team goals and objectives.
- Understand the value that WFP brings to partners: Aligns its own activities with the supervisor's priorities to meet the needs of internal and external partners
- Capacity name Description of expected behavior for skill level
- Governance, strategy and architecture Demonstrates awareness of the overall structure of IT governance and the development of the system architecture to support the process and help design interaction between systems.
- Implementation change, project management, planning and optimization Has a basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on schedule, resource usage and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical expertise Continually update their own knowledge of new technologies and changes to products; Is sought after for advice / expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Service management Understands and respects the standards and protocols established for service excellence within its own domain in order to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Customer management Demonstrates a detailed understanding of customer IT requests in order to effectively respond to and manage the needs of internal customers. Identifies recurring problems to propose long-term solutions.
- Procurement and contract management Participates in the technology selection process by gathering information on suppliers and / or products to assess them according to criteria.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education:High school diploma. A post-secondary certificate in the functional field is desirable.
Language: Computer science
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in French (level C) and intermediate level of English (level B)
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.)
- Advanced Excel / Microsoft Office / Database management (MS-ACCESS, MYSQL, ORACLE, etc.) / Knowledge of programming would be a great asset.
Education: BAC + 3 in IT management, database management or related field
Experience: Have at least 3 years of experience in database management and analysis and knowledge in the IT, hardware and network fields.